Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
DESCRIPTION: What role has inactivity played in the obesity epidemic and how much should we be exercising?
I previously touched on this in my video Diet or Exercise, What’s More Important For Weight Loss? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/diet-or-exercise-whats-more-important-for-weight-loss/)
Don’t get me wrong–exercise is wonderful! Check out, for example:
• What Women Should Eat to Live Longer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-women-should-eat-to-live-longer/)
• Halving Heart Attack Risk (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/halving-heart-attack-risk/)
• Exercise and Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-breast-cancer/)
• Reversing Cognitive Decline (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-cognitive-decline/)
Best to stick to foods rich in nutrients but poor in calories: Calculate Your Healthy Eating Score (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/calculate-your-healthy-eating-score/). It’s cheaper too, see Best Nutrition Bang For Your Buck (http://nutritionfacts.org/2013/11/26/best-nutrition-bang-for-your-buck/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-exercise-to-sustain-weight-loss/ and he’ll try to answer it!
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/